Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Yesterday

So I just have to share about my day yesterday.
Apparently, I am the current victim of the bug that's made its rounds through my house and many others, and I woke up feeling really bad. I took some of my kid's prescription, which I thank Jesus I had the presence of mind to have the doctor call in last week when the first one went down....(I realize it's semi-illegal to take someone else's prescription meds, but I was desperate). The medicine was all that stood between me and puking my brains out all day, and it still only helped a bit, but I had to go to Bible Club, because my assistant's pregnant and on bed rest and I can't just call the kids and cancel--most don't have phones.
Those babies were so......chatty yesterday. Oh. My. Gosh. I promise you, they called my name a million times. No lie. 1000 times 1000= a million times. I took them outside because my head was splitting from their love and affection, but they just wanted to run and scream and play....right next to me. I knew I didn't feel good, and that's the main reason I didn't get on to them or anything, but they were oh, so noisy.
The climax of the day was when we were loading into the van to go home, and they were arguing over where to sit, yelling at each other, laughing hysterically, etc. and this little girl sitting directly behind me was saying, "Mrs. Mary, Mrs. Mary, Mrs. Mary..." And since this was the one million and third time my name had been called in one day, I said, "Kenyetta. WHAT." through my clenched teeth.
She just looked at me with her big eyes and said sweetly, "Nothing. I was just saying your name."

3 comments:

  1. Mrs. Mary, MRs. Mary, Mrs. Mary, Mrs. Mary, Mrs. Mary, Mrs. Mary.

    OMG. I am sorry you are sick..but that was so funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Oh Mary. I know how you feel - but I hear MAMA! and when I go running, they will say, nothing.

    I hope that you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry that you guys are still sick over there. I was hoping it was just a sugar overload, not a bug, but I figured since I hadn't heard from you all week, that it must have turned out to be a bug!
    Zion sits there and says, "Mommy, mommy, mommy" over and over again so much that I have actually caught myself using that old line... "That's my name - don't wear it out!" But, it is so much worse when you are sick!
    Get well!

    ReplyDelete