Saturday, December 13, 2008

My Christmas List

Okeedokee, my friend Bethany had this on her blog, so I stole it. Feel free to steal it from me!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Gift bags feel like laziness, but they are sooooo much easier! I do wrapping paper when I can. And homemade gift tags.

2. Real tree or Artificial? I love the way real ones smell, but the penny-pincher in me can't stand the thought of spending $40 on something I throw out in a few weeks. So I bought an artificial one after Christmas years ago. And the Christmas tree candle from Bath and Body Works is awesome!

3. When do you put up the tree? Not until after Maddy's birthday party!!!

4. When do you take the tree down? Sometime after the new year.

5. Do you like eggnog? In moderation.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? A baby doll that was a whole lot like a Cabbage Patch. I think it was a Pumpkin Patch Kid or something.

7. Hardest person to buy for? Casey's dad and brother...definitely!

8. Easiest person to buy for? Cole-- he loves everything. And this year he still wants scotch tape and juice boxes.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, a white one. And a tiny one carved from olive wood. And a stuffed one. I think that's it.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I mail some but not a bunch.

12. Favorite Christmas Movies? How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Mixed Nuts (hilarious), Island of Misfit Toys, Small One. The Lord of the Rings also says "Christmas" to me...don't laugh, but the all came out right around Christmas, so I love to watch them then!

13. When do you start shopping? I shop all year. But I have a hard time waiting, so people get gifts from me all year!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Sure!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? One thing, seriously? Rosette cookies.

16. Lights on the tree? Yes, please, LOTS. This year, white.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Emmanuel

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home. Maybe we'll travel next year!

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer’s? Hmmm...nope.

20. Angel on the tree top or star? Up until this year, we've just had a very pretty bow. Pretty, but no symbolism there....so I read the story of Jesus' birth to the kids to explain why we were changing and let Cole pick out a star for the top. He was so cute and thoughtful when he chose it.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Growing up, we did all our celebrating on Christmas Eve. My parents said it was because of our Polish heritage.... Now it depends on when/if we have to share CJ with his bilogical dad. This year we will open presents (with our household)Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Cranky people.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I love sparkly ones, white crystaly ones. We found one in a box this year that reminded us all of the ship Superman came to earth in as a baby. (o: Cole saw it and said, "Oh. I like that one." Hands-down, the ones with my kids' pictures in them, though. I love to see how they've changed each year.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Mom's bread.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? We're not exchanging grownup gifts this year, so it's irrelevant. We are researching a memory foam mattress pad. These bones are getting old!

Okay, TAG, you're it! If you want to do this, go for it. I would love to know if you do it though, so please just leave me a comment letting me know to come look at it, okay!
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment