Saturday, January 31, 2009

Random Things

I'm not in the mood to write anything vey cohesive, so here's some stuff I have to say:

1. Since CJ has been at school, Cole and Maddy have started playing the cutest little role-playing games. Cole seems to invent them, and come up with the details, but Maddy falls right in. Their favorite seems to be a variation of "house", where Cole is always the baby, and Maddy is the mommy. She "feeds" him and puts him to bed, and he "cries" and asks for more food. They also play "school", "store", and "Jedi" a lot. The "house" game can be a little unnerving when Cole is yelling, "Mommy!!" and when I come running, he says, "I'm not talking to you, I'm talking to Maddy."

2. Two days ago I put an end to Cole's long-term obsession (since about 10 months old) with saving a cup of water from the last bath. One too many meltdowns after it accidently spills out, and I couldn't take it any more. He seems to be recovering pretty well.

3. CJ's spending the night with a friend who lives in the country and they're going to ride the horses. I'm extremely jealous.

4. I haven't done any theraputic shopping in about a month, or been by myself for about twice as long. I can't believe I'm even slightly sane.

5. Cole's new obsession is mail. I've got to get this kid a penpal.

6. I want a kitten. Today.

2 comments:

  1. I still laugh about the bath water thing! I guess breaking that habit was a good idea, for the sake of his later sanity!
    I will have to come over and see that kitten.
    I can just see Maddy as the "mommy", tucking Cole in. Hilarious!
    I am pretty crazy about your kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWWWWWWWw a kitten!!! Can't wait till you get one, so i can play with it, seeing how I cannot HAVE anymore cats, or I will get the "crazy cat-lady" label..wait...maybe too late for that...

    ReplyDelete