Monday, March 9, 2009

Blogging

Blogging is so much fun when I'm supposed to be doing something else. This morning I'm supposed to be mailing Thank You notes to His Hands contributors. Ah, procastination!
Once again, it's been nearly a week since I wrote anything, and once again, I have to catch everyone up!
Relatively speaking, Ms. Renee's funeral was pretty tame. No one jumped in the casket, no one passed out, there actually was very little crying. This was kinda disappointing to me, since there is a great feeling of catharsis and community when a group of people get together to be sad for the same reason. I kind of missed that sadness release. I'm trying not to be too sad at the moment, because the children are probably NOT going to get to stay in Valdosta after all. I will be missing them alot.
Last week, Casey was out of town for three nights for a training. It was very difficult without him, and Maddy cried every night for her daddy. Even when he left, she seemed to know that it was more than his usual "going to work", and she cried and cried. As she stood in a chair, looking out the kitchen window, crying for her dad, Cole announced that he would "make Maddy feel better".
In his best fake "man" voice, he went up to her and said, "Hi Maddy, I'm your Daddy. I growed my hair." Maddy was skeptical, but curious. "Do you want me to make you a peanut butter sandwich?" Apparently that put her over.
Cole ran up to me and (still in his "daddy" voice) said, "Can I make Maddy a sandwich?" He pulled me down and wispered in my ear, "I pretending to be Maddy's daddy."
Knowing he was going to make a mess of that sandwich AND my kitchen, I gave him permission and thoroughly enjoyed listening to him continue to pretend to be "daddy" for his little sister, while she giggled and played along. It was so cute, and how funny is it that he thought to explain why he isn't bald like his dad, and for whatever reason, thinks that is the only thing different about them? (o:
Casey had a heart episode Saturday. He was outside restling with CJ and a couple of his buds, when he ran in the house, flopped on the couch, and asked for some water. When I brought him his glass of water, he was shaking badly and then his head rolled back and he passed out for a second. FREAKED ME OUT! His heart beat was irregular all day (we have a blood pressure/heart rate monitor here), but Sunday he was much better. He's going to the doctor this morning to get checked out and try to determine what caused it. Pray for him!

3 comments:

  1. I cried when I read how Cole was comforting Maddy by pretending to be her daddy. How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did not tell me about Casey having a heart "episode". What is the update on that?! Give me more!
    I had heard the story about Cole and Maddy, and it continues to be absolutely precious. What a good big brother he is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the sweetest thing I have ever read!!!! But, I also read your other posts about the tragic loss of your friend, wow, that is horrible. Breaks my heart!

    ReplyDelete