Saturday, May 9, 2009

Star Trek


We went to see the new Star Trek movie last night. It was fantastic!
My husband and I love Star Trek (or almost anything sci-fi), but we were kind of bracing ourselves for having our hearts broken. All the ads with "This isn't your father's Star Trek" and sexy ads made me worry that they were going to ruin it. **Slight spoiler alert** But the only sex scene is the one you see in the ads, and it doesn't go any further and is almost just as short as what you see in the ad, anyway. (I did still cover my 12-year-old's eyes.) The characters were great, I definitely hope they make another one.

I think my husband says it best:
"Star Trek was awesome! Even better than I thought it might be! Just the perfect balance between old and new, special moments to special effects, twists on the story line that satisfies “true blue” Trekkies, enjoyable to those that don’t even know a Tibble from a Tricorder, and also allows endless possibilities for additional movies. Perfect!"

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a good summary - I will look forward to seeing it someday. I must admit I don't know a Tibble from a Tricorder, which may mean Casey has to disown my friendship... but when it comes to video, I will put it on my list of movies to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is on his way home from seeing that movie as we speak. He isn't a huge "Trekkie" or anything but he IS a huge movie critic, so I will be interested to see what he say...

    ReplyDelete